How Arcode Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how Arcode treats personal information that Arcode collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Arcode products and services (“Services”). Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, and phone number that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Arcode does not own or control, or to people that Arcode does not employ or manage.
What Else You Can Do to Protect Your Privacy
The federal government and technology industry have developed recommendations too help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information. For more information see http://onguardonline.gov.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Arcode collects personal information when you register with Arcode, when you use the Services, when you visit Arcode’s web site(s), or the web sites of certain Arcode partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored on Arcode’s web site(s). Arcode may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. When you register with Arcode we ask for information such as your name, email address. You may optionally provide other information when signing up for various Arcode services. When you register with Arcode and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. Arcode also collects information about your transactions, if any, with us and with some of our business partners. Arcode automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including without limitation the following:
- Device information.We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Arcode may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Arcode Account.
- Log information.When you use the Services or view content provided by Arcode, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used the Services.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Arcode Account.
- Location information.When you use a location-enabled Arcode Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers.Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Arcode when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage.We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- IP addresses.When your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP, or “Internet Protocol,” address.” When an Arcode web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
- IP Address Information Collection and Use Practices
- Arcode receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page.
- Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register with Arcode.
- Arcode uses IP addresses for various general purposes, including without limitation to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. IP addresses may be used for various specific purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Sending the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities.
- Aggregating information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimating the total number of users visiting Arcode from specific geographic areas.
- Helping determine which users have access privileges to certain content that we host.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Arcode does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- To provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Arcode under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Arcode communicate with you about offers from Arcode and our marketing partners. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes or as otherwise required by law, and to establish or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To share information when we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property or violations of Arcode’s Terms of Service.
- To transfer information about you if Arcode is acquired by or merged with another company.
Arcode displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria, such as a particular gender, age group and geographic area.
Arcode works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. Arcode does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. By interacting with or viewing an ad, however, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Arcode employees do not have access to the content of your email, examine the content of your email and do not share the content of your email with any third parties.
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You can edit your Arcode account information, at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, which are considered part of your Arcode account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. You can Arcode reserves the right to retain information in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to have access to such information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Arcode may update this policy at any time and from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Arcode account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated June 4, 2012.